Ambassadors of the G4 countries New Zealand, Canada, Norway, and Switzerland in Vietnam have joined members of the women’s national football team in sending an empowering message to women and girls in the country on the occasion of Tet festival. Tet, or Lunar New Year, is the biggest public holiday in Vietnam which will fall on January 25 this year. With less than a week from the 2020 Lunar New Year, the ambassadors of New Zealand, Canada, Norway, and Switzerland recently visited the women’s national football team at the Vietnam Football Federation headquarters in Hanoi to extend their Tet greetings. “I’m very happy to celebrate Tet with the Golden Girls of Vietnam’s football,” said Grete Lochen, Ambassador of Norway to Vietnam, in a video of the visit sent to the media on Monday. “In many countries including my own, women’s football often struggles to make it into the spotlight, and there’s an ongoing challenge changing traditional views of women’s participation in football.” Ambassadors of New Zealand, Canada, Norway, and Switzerland join players of the women’s national football team of Vietnam and their head coach in this videoed Tet message sent to the media on January 20, 2020. The Golden Girls… Read full this story
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 10
- Hanoi launches competition to seek friendship ambassador for peace
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by ExxonMobil: Final countdown — Back of the coup — Gove aide quits over Brexit deal
- The 31-year-old GCSE dropout who started £30m fashion empire In The Style with just £1k
- Meghan says 'everyone has right to top education' in first tour speech
- POLITICO London Playbook: Last-ditch diplomacy — Trump unleashed — Women MPs descend on parliament
- Senior Cleveland Police detective who abused position for 14 years guilty of gross misconduct
- POLITICO London Playbook: A deal in three weeks? — America goes to the polls — Wright man for the job
- With love, Cory Booker. Inside one long-shot bid for the White House.
G4 ambassadors join Vietnam’s female footballers in empowering Tet message have 314 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.