Clinics are acting inappropriately by inviting women to wine and cheese nights where they are encouraged to spend thousands freezing their eggs, critics warn. Freezing allows women to store their eggs at a young age so they can be used in IVF when they want a family. This gives them a greater chance of conceiving as the quality of the eggs they produce as they get older deteriorates. Freezing allows women to store their eggs at a young age so they can be used in IVF when they want a family But so far fewer than a fifth have a baby after using their frozen eggs, according to the fertility watchdog, the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA). Clinics keen to recruit more customers are laying on parties where the process is discussed. Despite an average UK cost of £8,000 for egg-freezing, there are two events in London this month alone. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Jabs crisis could cause the return of deadly diphtheria,… TV addicts seek help from Harley Street doctors for ‘binge… Share this article Share London Egg Bank is offering prosecco at its London Bridge clinic, while IVF Matters has an egg-freezing party, including ‘indulgent desserts’,… Read full this story
- Ishwarya fertility center and women’s hospital: Bringing happiness with infertility management
- DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: It's controversial, yes, but I believe we should ban IVF babies
- The menopause isn’t so scary that young women need to sign up for costly surgery
- Heal thyself: meet the doctors living with the conditions they treat
- Grangemouth plant saved; UK economic growth at three-year high – as it happened
- 20 years on, the Tomb Raider story told by the people who were there
Fertility clinics offer women prosecco and wine and cheese events to persuade them to spends thousands freezing their eggs for IVF have 278 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.