Participants at a cyber security drill in 2018 held by the Viet Nam Computer Emergency Response Team (VNCERT). — VNA/VNS Photo Minh Quyet Computer viruses caused estimated losses of VND20.9 trillion (US$902 million) to Vietnamese users last year, much higher than the VND14.9 trillion reported in 2018, reported Bkav Technology Group. The group’s report focused on cyber security last year and forecasts for 2020. The proliferation of computers infected with data encryption malware and advanced persistent threat (APT) malware were the main cause of these huge losses. The total number of infected computers recorded last year reached 85.2 million, an increase of 3.5 per cent compared to 2018. Bkav experts said the first reason was the download and installation of unknown software found floating on the internet. Eight out of 10 computers were infected with viruses when installing software downloaded from the internet. Although the rate of virus infections via USB was still high at 55 per cent, it decreased by 22 per cent compared to 2018. In contrast, viruses transmitted via email increased by 4 per cent compared to 2018. Bkav statistics also pointed out that there were still 41.1 per cent of computers in Viet Nam with SMB… Read full this story
- 'Westworld' revisited: Computer viruses and cowboy hats
- Stuxnet 2? Iran Under Attack From New Computer Virus
- Instagram said to lose millions of daily users -- but did it?
- Nielsen: Facebook App Hit 126 Million Average Monthly Users in 2015
- Instagram Hits 90 Million Monthly Active Users
- Who’s a jerk? The site that tagged millions of Facebook users ‘jerk’
- Ford behind drive for 1 million new Sirius users
- 'Powerful piece of circumstantial evidence' that virus causes paralyzing illness in kids
- Titanium extraction planning causes multiple problems in Vietnamese province
- House fire in southwest London causes $400K in damage
Computer viruses causes $902 million in damage to Vietnamese users have 280 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.