Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh (right) and Justin Wood, Head of the Regional Agenda, Asia-Pacific; Member of the Executive Committee of the World Economic Forum. Photo: VGP The Deputy PM stressed the point while delivering his remarks at the ASEAN Strategic Outlook session of the ongoing 50th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on January 21. Binh said the theme of the ASEAN Chairmanship 2020 is “Cohesive and Responsive”, which reflects the common interests of the member countries in building a strong ASEAN Community amid fast and profound changes of the global landscape. Cohesive reflects the need to enhance ASEAN unity and solidarity, economic integration, ASEAN awareness and identity, and work toward a “people-centered” community. Meanwhile, Responsive underlines the importance of promoting ASEAN pro-activeness, creativity and capacity in response to opportunities and challenges brought about by rapid changes in regional and global landscape. This year’s theme follows ASEAN’s goals enshrined in the ASEAN Community Vision 2025 and builds upon the themes and priorities set by previous chairs. Under the theme, Viet Nam figured out key priorities, including strengthening the bloc’s unity and solidarity, reinforcing ASEAN centrality and promoting its active contribution to regional peace… Read full this story
- Firing missiles into Syria may be cathartic — but catharsis isn’t foreign policy
- US seeks more relaxation in India FDI policy
- NFL could leave national anthem policy to individual teams
- Jets GM: No deadline on re-signing 'priority' Fitzpatrick
- Raiders OL Vadal Alexander suspended four games for violating PED policy
- Ichiro retiring from playing, will remain with Mariners in different role
- George R.R. Martin says writing the sixth book is his "priority"
- Blue Jays bullpen needs remain too quiet in off-season discussion
- Doug Peterson says it’s ‘safe to say’ Nick Foles will remain with Eagles
- Asean economic think tanks keeps 2-yr PH growth forecasts
ASEAN remains one of strategic priorities in VN’s foreign policy have 301 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.