Recent efforts by Airbnb to rein in parties and rowdy guests intensified Monday as the company announced it was cracking down on two dozen listings in the Hollywood Hills that law enforcement identified as nuisance properties. Based on information provided by the Los Angeles Police Department, Airbnb identified 28 Hollywood Hills homes listed on the company’s website that had also been pegged by law enforcement as chronic party houses. Some of those homes had generated citations and “cease and desist” orders in the city, according to the company. All upcoming reservations for those homes have been canceled. Some of the properties have been removed from Airbnb based on the severity of the issues identified by law enforcement. Other properties will be subject to lengthy suspensions, and the homeowners will need to certify that they’re in good standing with the city by submitting documentation to Airbnb before being considered for reinstatement, the company wrote in a statement. “LAPD Hollywood Division appreciates Airbnb’s outstanding cooperation in delisting nuisance party locations,” LAPD Capt. Steven Lurie said in a prepared statement. “We continue to work with all short-term rental platforms to allow them to provide their valuable service while maintaining the character of our… Read full this story
- Hundreds brawl outside Hollywood Halloween party; 1 critically injured
- Los Angeles ‘party house’ draws complaints, comparisons to ‘Playboy mansion’ from neighbors
- Lindsay Lohan questioned by cops after alleged burglary occurs at Hollywood Hills house party, authorities say
- Two shot at Queens house rented through Airbnb for wild birthday party
- Secret Service agent at center of scandal revealed as agency cracks down on party culture
- Airbnb users' good and bad experiences
- Los Angeles neighbors annoyed by ‘buck-naked’ campers at Airbnb venue
- Is Airbnb good for Arizona?
- 40 years after 'Little House,' Nellie still queen of the prairie
- New York nightlife tightens security to crack down on an epidemic of cell-phone theft
Airbnb cracks down on Hollywood Hills party houses identified by LAPD have 307 words, post on www.latimes.com at January 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.