Stirling Central Scotland Most visitors go to Scotland for the scenery, the culture, eventful history and the cold-Caribbean-like coast. As a base for exploring the Highlands, with shops and society yet no city throngs, Stirling is a bonny option. The dramatic castle towering above the town nudges into every view, ensuring no visitor forgets to visit, but book ahead for special Christmas lunches in the intimate Green Room, and carols on 15 Dec, and the play A Christmas Carol (20-22 Dec). Stirling Winter Festival has a long list of events, from a Family Ceilidh on 14 Dec to children’s show Snow Play on 20 Dec. It would be rude not to go for a hike, so choose your Ben – Ben A’an and Ben Lomond are goodies (but make sure you are properly prepared for the likely conditions). Less taxing is the climb to the Wallace Monument for views over the city. After dark, you could target Andy Scott’s illuminated equine sculptures, the Kelpies, south of Stirling at Falkirk, for a night walk – take a head torch to follow the Forth and Clyde canal. Less challenging is Stirling Reindeer Trail, where kids can spot 20 colourful reindeer statues around… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast: Britain set for White Christmas as snow expected in Arctic blast
- Tesco Christmas card factory in China denies 'forced labour'
- UK weather forecast – Danger to life’ warnings issued as snow, ice and more floods to batter Britain TODAY
- UK weather forecast – Two inches snow in South East with ‘severe’ Met Office warning for outskirts of London tonight
- UK weather forecast – Storm Jorge to thrash Britain with 70mph winds and heavy rain in THIRD storm this month
- UK weather RECAP: Storm Dennis leaves 2 missing and more than a thousand homes flooded
- Storm Jorge hits UK with another deluge of rain and 60mph winds
- UK weather forecast – Met Office says February is officially the wettest EVER and warns snow is coming
- Thredbo: Why this winter hotspot is the perfect summer getaway
- Now for Storm Jorge! Third consecutive weekend of misery starts with another MONTH of rain falling today as 70mph gales blow in from Spain bringing fears the worst floods may be yet to come
Winter weekenders: 15 picturesque UK towns for a pre-Christmas break have 358 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.