Three young Vietnamese women were lauded for their effort by former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama when they met in the southern province of Long An on Monday. The meeting at Can Giuoc High School in Long An was part of Obama’s trip to Vietnam with American actress Julia Roberts to spotlight girls’ education on behalf of the Obama Foundation’s Girls Opportunity Alliance. They were joined by Vietnamese-American actress Lana Condor, Vietnamese actress Ngo Thanh Van, American news personality Jenna Hager, and American actress Liza Koshy. A video published on Michelle Obama’s verified Facebook account on December 9, 2019 about her trip to Long An, Vietnam the same day. At the event, Obama and Roberts listened to the life stories of the Vietnamese women who were the scholarship winners of Room to Read, a program that works to help female students pursue education. The former first lady praised the young women for their effort in overcoming hardship in life to gain certain success. “We met girls who are so hungry to learn, and who have overcome so much to pursue their education,” Michelle Obama narrated a video published on her verified Facebook account on the same day. “Possibility, opportunity, intelligence. It… Read full this story
- Beyoncé and Michelle Obama Are Drunk in Love
- Michelle Obama as Post-Balance Rorschach Test
- Michelle Obama’s Becoming Is Everything You Knew It Would Be
- Michelle Obama’s Becoming Complicates Her Own Narrative
- Michelle Obama devastation: Ex-FLOTUS makes heartbreaking life confession on Twitter
- The Queen and Michelle Obama shared 'an instant and mutual warmth', the royal's dressmaker reveals - as she recalls moment they broke protocol by putting their arms around one another
- ‘When they go low... we also go low’: Michelle Obama demolishes Harry Styles in Celebrity Dodgeball, pegging the singer between his legs as she leads Team USA to victory over Team UK
- Michelle Obama Won't Endorse Joe Biden (Yet)
- Michelle Obama Compares President Picture Book to 'Divorced Dad' in London, Fails to Adopt Any of Us
- Michelle Obama Compares Trump Administration to Irresponsible Parent Who Lets Kids 'Eat Candy All Day, Not Follow the Rules'
Who are the women Michelle Obama praised in Vietnam? have 348 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.