close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for Dec. 17 Fox News Flash top headlines for Dec. 17 are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com Vox Media is cutting hundreds of freelance jobs ahead of California legislation it previously had championed as a “historic” law expanding worker benefits. This past September, Vox reported on Assembly Bill 5 (AB 5), which guarantees freelancers and independent contractors in California “basic labor protections” that they didn’t have before. The site called it not only a “progressive victory” but also a “historic moment for the U.S. labor movement.” “By making it hard for employers to misclassify employees as independent contractors, potentially millions of California workers who’ve been kept off payrolls will get basic labor rights for the first time, like overtime pay and unemployment benefits,” the Vox report read. “This includes janitors, construction workers, security guards, and hotel housekeepers — and yes, this group also includes Uber and Lyft drivers.” AB 5 also allows such workers to join labor unions. CNN’S JAKE TAPPER SAYS TRUMP’S LETTER IS LIKE SOMETHING ‘KIM JONG UN WROTE’ A sports blogging network owned by Vox Media announced it’s laying off freelancers ahead of the implementation of a new California… Read full this story
- Why Would Tesla Lay Off Hundreds Of Workers When It’s Ramping Up Production?
- Community Medical Center Long Beach lays off 37 workers as closure appears to draw nearer
- Why Is Elon Musk Attacking the Media? We Explain. (Also, Give Us a Good Rating!)
- Gavin Newsom’s first hires suggest the next California governor has big health care plans
- Here's what AB-5 means for gig-workers
- 14 labor nurses pregnant this year at Sutter Medical, in fourth consecutive baby bonanza
- California could crack down on vaping. But could it help teens quit smoking?
- Measles outbreak may spread to California from other states, doctors are warned
- We Need A New Social Contract Between Workers, Companies, And Society: Here Are Some Ideas
- The gig could be up in California for Uber and Lyft
Vox Media to lay off hundreds of freelance workers ahead of California labor law it had championed have 330 words, post on www.foxnews.com at December 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.