|Sea freight of VNT Logistics|
Of the total sum, VND639.8 million ($27,800) was the fine for tax administrative violations and tax underreporting.
The remaining VND3 billion ($130,450) was corporate income tax arrears, including value added tax arrears of VND35.7 million ($1,550).
Established in 1996, VNT Logistics operates comprehensive door-to door logistics services to any destination in the world. It provides air and sea freight, and logistics.
The firm made a net revenue of VND666.6 billion ($28.98 million) in the first nine months of 2019, down 12.3 per cent on-year, while its after-tax profit rose slightly to VND4.53 billion ($196,950) from VND4.31 billion ($187,400) in the same period last year.
VNT Logistics is among leading Vietnamese logistics providers. Currently, more than 4,000 Vietnamese logistics providers are proactively operating internationally and domestically. Many trans-national logistics service companies including ASEAN companies are practising in the Vietnamese market where competition is very sharp.
The Vietnamese logistics service industry has been developing at 12-14 per cent per annum. According to the World Bank Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2018, Vietnam was ranked 39th out of 160 globally, up 25 notches from 2016, and ranking third in the ASEAN after Singapore and Thailand.
- Qualcomm receives $1.2 billion fine for violating EU antitrust rules
- An Overwatch League player was fined $1,000 for flipping the bird on camera
- Qualcomm fined $1.2 billion for paying Apple to use its mobile chips
- HHS curbs fines for HIPAA violations
- Arron Banks blasts £70K fine on Leave.EU as a ‘politically motivated attack on Brexit’
- Trump Jabs Fed, Calls China's Currency Move 'Major Violation'
- Netflix is being investigated for tax evasion in Italy
- First food safety violator receives 1.5 year prison sentence in HCMC
- Chrissy Teigen just offered to pay gymnast McKayla Maroney's fine for speaking out against sexual abuse
- Carolyn Hax: Make logistics of therapy easy for your teen