Vinamilk was accused of breaking its fresh milk promise on social media Earlier this month, a Facebook account posted a status with pictures it claimed were customs data of Vinamilk’s raw materials imports, most of which is skimmed milk powder. The account also assumed that Vinamilk uses these ingredients to produce “fresh milk”, questioning the quality of Vinamilk’s fresh milk and pointing out that the “Shake well before use” instruction has been a permanent fixture on the milk bottles. Another Facebook user claimed that Vinamilk’s “pure fresh milk” is actually reconstituted milk which consists of about 20 per cent of fresh milk, while the remainder is milk powder, butter, and additives. These added ingredients are not soluble in fresh milk, therefore, after a certain time they will be precipitated. That is why consumers must “shake well before use”. The user also mentioned other fresh milk products from different brands on the market that do not require to be shaken before pouring a glass. The rumour caused a storm on social media and spread like wildfire. Consumers also left unflattering comments about the Vietnamese dairy giant, with most accusing it of deceiving consumers by advertising liquid milk (reconstituted milk) as pasteurised,… Read full this story
- Man accused of killing pedestrian held on $100,000 bond
- Australian dollar hits an 11-year-old low as ASX sheds $48billion amid coronavirus fears
- Phoenix police arrest driver who allegedly fled hit-and-run
- Lazada launches milk guarantee programme
- Firms hit by coronavirus panic-buying 'significantly increase' production as supermarkets take steps to stop empty shelves - after warning businesses may need a state BAILOUT to survive crisis
- Infrastructure projects across city hit business at HOPCOMS outlets
- Raw milk: a superfood or super risky?
- Amul MD RS Sodhi gets fresh five-year term
- 2 held for supplying adulterated milk to Andheri hotels, tea stalls
- Kenya Dairy Board to launch revised milk laws on March 9
Vinamilk hit by not-so-fresh milk accusations have 305 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.