The results have been calculated based on each nation’s performance across five major pageants, specifically Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, Miss Supranational, and Miss Earth.
Throughout the year the nation sent representatives to each of these major global pageants, with Tuong San being a standout performer as she finished in the Top 8 of Miss International 2019, adding a total of 120 points to Vietnam’s rankings.
This was followed by the spectacular performance put on by Luong Thuy Linh who finished in the Top 12 of Miss World, boosting the country’s overall score by an additional 100 points in the process.
In addition, Ngoc Chau’s finish among the Top 10 of Miss Supranational 2019 added another 100 points to Vietnam’s overall score.
Hoang Thuy also enjoyed a good year by being listed among the Top 20 of the Miss Universe pageant, securing 50 points for the nation.
Despite finishing Miss Earth 2019 emptyhanded, Hoang Hanh’s performance was enough to win 16 points.
At the top of the list Thailand came out on top according to the global beauty rankings published on Missosology’s website with a total of 690 points. The Thai representatives at global pageants enjoyed a highly successful year, winning the Miss International and Miss Supranational crowns, whilst also finishing among the Top 5 of Miss Universe, the Top 20 of Miss Earth, and the Top 40 of Miss World.
The Caribbean nation of Puerto Rico were ranked in second in the global beauty rankings, with the country’s representatives winning the Miss Earth crown, finishing as the first runner-up of Miss Universe, and among the Top 15 of Miss International.
Mexico, Colombia, the United States, Indonesia, the Philippines, Venezuela, and Nigeria make up the rest of the Top 10.
- Vietnam does poorly in global ranking of talent attraction
- Vietnam confirms eighth case of nCoV infection
- Vietnam aims to become global agriculture powerhouse
- India ranks 81st in global corruption perception index
- Pune ranks fifth on global list of cities with traffic snarls
- Vietnam ranks second in number of guest workers in Japan
- Vietnam’s e-commerce companies face logistics and price perception challenges
- 2020 marks a quarter-century of Vietnam’s ASEAN membership
- What to know about Tet holiday in Vietnam?
- Vietnam’s traditional Lunar New Year through the eyes of foreigners