|National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan|
A high-ranking delegation of the Vietnamese NA led by top Vietnamese legislator Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan departed Hanoi on December 8 for official visits to Russia and Belarus.
Her visit to Russia is made from December 8 – 11 at the invitation of Chairwoman of the Federation Council V. Matviyenko and Chairman of the State Duma of Russia V. Volodin.
She will then make an official visit to Belarus from December 12 – 14 at the invitation of Chairman of the Council of the National Assembly Mikhail Myasnikovich and Chairman of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly Vladimir Andreichenko.
The visits to the two nations take place in the context that the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership, and the ties of traditional friendship and multifaceted cooperation between Vietnam – Belarus have been incessantly strengthened and seen positive development.
Both Russia and Belarus attach importance to and prioritize their cooperation with Vietnam in their foreign policies in the Asia-Pacific region.
Vietnam, Russia, Belarus are members of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) Free Trade Agreement which was signed in 2015.
Through visits, the sides will be able to step up cooperation, intensify the exchange of information and experience in their parliamentary activities on a bilateral and multilateral basis, and supporting each other’s stance on regional and international issues of shared concern.
This official visits are seen as an opportunity for NA deputies to meet with the Vietnamese community in Russia and Belarus, showing the Vietnamese Party and State’s attention to the Vietnamese community in the two nations. The trips are also designed to double-check and evaluate the operational efficiency of Vietnam’s diplomatic representative agencies in both Russia and Belarus.
In a recent interview granted to Russian reporters, the Vietnamese NA leader said the visit is of great importance aiming to foster the Vietnam-Russia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership and strengthen bilateral legislative ties. During the visit, Ngan and Russian leaders are set to hold talks on bilateral cooperation in politics, diplomacy, trade, economics, defense, security, science, technology, education, training and other potential areas.
Vyacheslav Volodin, Chairman of the State Duma of Russia and NA Chairwoman Ngan is due to chair the first meeting of the inter-parliamentary cooperation committee between Russia’s State Duma and Vietnam’s National Assembly.
She said that the Vietnam-Russia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership is growing steadily while urging the two sides to intensify delegation exchanges and cooperation between ministries, sectors, and localities, and offer mutual support at international forums.
- Peugeot looking for partnerships to enter India
- England look stronger after Jones made brave calls for autumn Tests
- Vietnam welcomes ASEAN chair status
- Sports Vietnam beat Taiwan to revive hope in World Cup qualifying campaign Look out, 2019!
- Northern Ireland vs Belarus: How to watch
- Sports Connection issues dog World Cup streaming in Vietnam Fake news finds fertile ground in Vietnam’s current issues
- Sports Vietnam’s female team makes history at 2016 Chess Olympiad Trashpacking in Vietnam – a growing trend
- How below par Northern Ireland saw off Belarus to top Group C ahead of Germany and the Netherlands
- Sports Asian Cup quarter-finals: four matches and a video ref Vietnam awards first trial 5G license to Viettel
- Sports Vietnam beat Jordan on penalties to reach Asian Cup quarters Vietnam to launch maiden Memory Championships in April