It’s time to break out the hot water bottles tonight as temperatures are forecast to plummet to zero in parts of England. Temperatures will be chilliest across the south and east of England overnight after a foggy day. Exeter is set to feel the worst of the bite, with a forecast for more fog and freezing conditions by midnight. The city will feel the lowest temperatures across the UK tonight before returning to milder temperatures by lunchtime. The mercury in the rest of the UK will also plummet to the single digits overnight, as weather warnings remain in force for much of Scotland over Thursday and Friday. The Met Office has forecast a weakening band of rain moving southeast tonight from northwest England and Wales. The northwest is set to get showers and a windy battering before the cloud and rain moves north to Scotland. The forecaster has issued a yellow warning covering western Scotland, stretching to Glasgow and Inverness, on Thursday. Persistent heavy rain forecast is set to cause localised flooding and travel disruption, the Met Office says. The warning continues into Friday, as the heavy downpour diminishes to showers, with power cuts possible in Scotland’s west and buses… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast: Temperatures to plummet in Halloween washout as snow is set to strike
- UK weather forecast: Britain set for relentless heavy showers and strong winds
- UK weather to be split across north/south divide next week
- Yes, it was a remarkable cold snap, but in what way?
- UK snow weather warning: Britons prepare for chaotic cold blast bringing snow TONIGHT
- BBC Weather: Carol Kirkwood warns UK set for below freezing conditions as mercury plummets
- UK election weather warning: Britons set for coldest poll date as PM tries to seal Brexit
- Hurricane Helene to blast UK with 80mph winds as 'danger to life' warning issued
- Sydney to soak and Melbourne to freeze: Wet and cold conditions to continue across Australia as two powerful cold fronts bring torrential rain and VERY chilly weather
- Freezing weather 'certain' to return to UK with more snow expected
UK weather forecast: Country in for a cold snap tonight as fog swapped for freeze have 342 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.