WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A federal judge on Tuesday issued a permanent injunction barring President Donald Trump’s attempt to transfer $3.6 billion in military construction funds to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. FILE PHOTO: A section of border fence is pictured by the U.S.-Mexico border in the Rio Grande Valley near Hidalgo, Texas, U.S., October 7, 2019. REUTERS/Loren Elliott Judge David Briones, of U.S. District Court in El Paso, Texas, issued the injunction in a 21-page ruling. The ruling is a setback for Trump, whose administration has vowed to build at least 450 miles of wall along the border by November 2020, when the U.S. presidential election will take place. Trump has argued the wall will deter illegal border crossings, a major focus of his presidency. A Justice Department spokesman said the administration would appeal the ruling. Trump declared a national emergency last February in order to transfer funds from the Pentagon to build the wall after Congress refused to provide the level of funding he sought. Top Democrats in Congress have criticized the project as wasteful and ineffective. In the lawsuit, the plaintiffs, El Paso County and the Border Network for Human Rights, an El Paso-based immigration reform… Read full this story
- Judge rejects Congress' challenge of border wall funding
- Obama on Trump’s Mexican Border Wall: “Good Luck With That.”
- Trump Border Wall: Which States Have Filed Lawsuits Against The National Emergency?
- Border walls are big business–and not just in Trump’s America
- Warren Buffett's Son Howard Criticizes Trump and Obama For Border Wall, Drug Epidemic
- To keep track of Trump’s lies, play Border Wall Bingo
- Ted Cruz wants El Chapo to pay for Trump's border wall by reallocating all of his forfeited assets
- The Latest: White House insists anew on border wall funding
- An endangered butterfly, toad, and Mexican shrub may stand in the way of Trump’s border wall in 2018
- The federal judge Trump once attacked for his Mexican heritage could help determine the fate of the border wall
U.S. judge blocks $3.6 billion transfer to Mexican border wall have 333 words, post on www.reuters.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.