Email Updated December 02, 2019 08:29:18 Photo: The fire was visible from the Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains. (Supplied: Josh McKinnon) Map: Sydney 2000 Here’s what you need to know this morning.Fires burn at Sydney’s doorstepA series of cold fronts moving across the state have put firefighters west of Sydney on high alert today.A very high fire danger warning and total fire bans have been put in place from the south coast in Shoalhaven, up through Illawarra and to the Greater Sydney region.Last night the blaze at Ruined Castle, south of Katoomba, was downgraded to advice level but this could change due to strong winds forecast for today.The blaze was visible from the Blue Mountain’s Three Sisters as it was controlled with the help of firefighting aircraft. External Link: Live wind map for New South Wales Emergency fire burning on south coast Photo: The RFS says deteriorating weather conditions will present a challenge for firefighters at the Currowan fire. (Supplied: NSW RFS) The NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) has issued an emergency warning this morning for an out-of-control bushfire near Currowan on the state’s south coast.The fire burning north of Batesman Bay is threatening homes and is spreading towards… Read full this story
- Friday the 13th coincidence: Up to a foot of snow in mid-April?
- The A to Z of wireless
- Hospital labor skirmishes — year in review
- Why Facebook keeps going down
- Y2K: The Movie, reviewed and debunked
- Simple Ways To Fight Inflammation All Day Long
- The Health Ranger’s top ten predictions and global forecast for 2018 (and beyond) … must read
- The return of Project Fear: how hope got sidelined in EU vote
- Is the editor of the Daily Mail the most dangerous man in Britain?
- The politics of tech's tax breaks
Sydney news: NSW RFS on high fire alert, union blames job cuts for prolonged power outages have 292 words, post on www.abc.net.au at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.