Stopping smuggled sugar A new MoIT circular applies to traders who use sugar for production, traders who use raw sugar to produce refined sugar and individuals/organizations involved in importing sugar under the 2019 quota. The MoIT will set up a council to run the auction. When auction results are available, the MoIT will issue a written notice of the right to use sugar import quotas to the winning trader who will use this notice for customs clearance in accordance with the Customs Law. In fact, under the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement (ATIGA), Vietnam was required to abolish tariff quotas on imported sugar from ASEAN countries from January 1, 2018. However, at the request of the sugar industry, the MoIT asked the government to postpone the implementation of ATIGA commitments for two years to allow sugar companies and farmers to adapt to this unprecedented implementation of international integration commitments. According to the Vietnam Sugarcane Association, in the early months of this year, the domestic sugar industry faced many difficulties due to fake sugar and smuggled sugar. To improve the competitiveness of sugarcane enterprises, the MoIT reported to the prime minister that it agreed to temporarily suspend the removal of commitments… Read full this story
- Controversial sugar industry study on cancer uncovered
- Ron DeSantis blasts Florida sugar industry that's indirectly funding his campaign
- Celebrate National Frozen Custard Day with these free treats and sweet deals Wednesday
- Krispy Kreme announces Chocolate Glaze Collection and sweet deal for new rewards members
- Daily on Energy: In wake of Green New Deal vote, coal industry pushes resilient grid
- Where to find free cookies, sweet deals on National Cookie Day
- J. Lo and A-Rod Got a Sweet Deal on Jeremy Piven’s Malibu Beach Home
- Type 2 diabetes: Sugar vs sweetener - what increases blood sugar the least?
- Britain signs £369m-a-year Brexit trade deal with Fiji and Papua New Guinea
- How much sugar is OK? Paper adds to debate
Sweet deal for Vietnam’s sugar industry have 312 words, post on ven.vn at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.