Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc shakes hands with delegates. (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – A ceremony was held in Hanoi on December 8 to mark the 65th founding anniversary of the schools for southern students in the north, which were described by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc as one of the most successful educational models in Vietnam. In 1954, to realise the Geneva Accords on ending war and restoring peace in Vietnam, the Vietnamese Government decided to send children of some revolutionary families in the south to the north to be trained for the future revolutionary cause. The move was meant to prepare personnel for the national construction once the country was reunited. Among the 28 schools established at that time, there was one for children of ethnic minority groups and another for those of Vietnamese families of Chinese origin. The ceremony brought together over 3,000 delegates representing more than 32,000 children of southern revolutionary families, who were sent to the north between 1954 and 1975. In his remarks, PM Phuc lauded contributions of the students to southern liberation, northern defence, national reunification and construction, as well as the implementation of late President Ho Chi Minh’s testament. The educational model… Read full this story
- Capistrano Unified School District Student Workload, Grades, And Graduation
- Southern California Chinese present art performances to celebrate 70th anniversary of PRC founding
- Prince Harry celebrates 75th anniversary of children's TV show 'Thomas & Friends' with a recorded message
- Matthew Wright shares gorgeous wedding photo to celebrate special anniversary
- If coronavirus closes Baton Rouge-area schools, will students attend from home? It's 'feasible'
- Dharmendra, Hema Malini celebrate wedding anniversary, she says ‘It is your good wishes that have been with us all through these years’
- Dunedin Celebrates 50th Anniversary Of Earth Day
- DJ Jazzy Jeff Celebrates 30th Anniversary of ‘Fresh Prince’ With Virtual Block Party, Merch Line
- A Terrorist, a Porn Star, and Batman Walk Into a School: How Students Taunt Teachers During Pandemic
- Texas high school bars student who won’t cut dreadlocks
Schools of southern students in the north celebrate 65th anniversary have 320 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.