|Doctors of Phan Vinh Island Infirmary operate on the fisherman. Photo: dangcongsan.vn|
Earlier, the 52-year-old fisherman, Nguyen Thanh Trung, from Binh Son district, Quang Ngai province, while on board trawler QNg 90954 TS fishing South of Tien Nu Island, experienced a severe pain in his lower-right abdomen and a temperature. The boat’s owner then immediately took him to Nui Le Island, where he was given first aid and then sent to Phan Vinh Island Infirmary for surgery.
Diagnosing that the victim got acute appendicitis, the doctors of Military Hospital 7, Military Region 3, working on Phan Vinh Island decided to operate on the patient. After more than two hours of surgery, the patient recovered and is now cared by Phan Vinh Island Infirmary.
According to Doctor Le Xuan Vuong, Phan Vinh Island Infirmary (Truong Sa island district, Khanh Hoa province), patient Nguyen Thanh Trung’s health has significantly improved.
Translated by Quynh Oanh-Hai Yen
- 'Gilligan's Island' Star Dawn Wells Suffering Financially After Surgeries
- How a Deeply Conservative Island Became a Poster Child For Climate Change
- 2 Fishermen Missing, 1 Rescued After Boat Sinks Off Block Island
- Climate change could make thousands of tropical islands ‘uninhabitable’ in coming decades, new study says
- NYC Will Pay $380,000 to Family of Rikers Island Inmate Who Hanged Himself Days After Being Taken Off Suicide Watch
- 'We are fighting for survival,' Pacific islands leader warns
- Kuraly, Rask Lead Bruins To 5-0 Win Over Islanders
- Pit Bulls Get Good PR After Pit Bull Saves Woman from House Fire
- US Virgin Islands Says ‘Nah, We’re Good’ to Trump Visit
- Secret of Monkey Island: Cruising the Caribbean