Technology Over 90% of Vietnamese internet users get online daily: We Are Social By Van Ly Friday, Dec 13, 2019,10:58 (GMT+7) Over 90% of Vietnamese internet users get online daily: We Are SocialBy Van Ly A man browses the internet on a tablet. Some 94% of Vietnamese internet users get online every day – PHOTO: VAN LY HANOI – Vietnamese internet users spend an average of six hours and 42 minutes per day taking part in online activities, with 94% of them getting online every day and the remainder browsing the internet at least once per week, according to statistics from We Are Social and Hootsuite, indicating another success in the country’s digitalization efforts. These figures, which were announced at Internet Day 2019 held on December 11 in Hanoi, show that local internet users do not remain offline for more than a week. Addressing the event, Pham Hong Hai, deputy minister of Information and Communications, said that Vietnam’s population will reach an estimated 97 million people by the end of the year. Of this, the number of internet users accounts for 64 million people, soaring 28% against the figure seen in 2017. Besides this, up to 58 million people in the country used social… Read full this story
- Netflix war is over, but money disputes still harm Internet users
- Vietnamese card users prefer biometric authentication for payment: Visa study
- 'It might work too well': the dark art of political advertising online
- VN needs healthy social media environment: official
- China ‘Handles’ Eight People for Posting About Wuhan Virus on Social Media
- J&K to be no-social media zone for local broadband users
- The 'sharent' trap – should you ever put your children on social media?
- Vietnamese e-commerce stands to benefit from greater competition
- TalkTalk is back online after an hour-long broadband outage left customers across the UK without internet access
- Market Watch target illegal online firework trading over Tet
Over 90% of Vietnamese internet users get online daily: We Are Social have 295 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at December 13, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.