Tourists visit homestay model in Ta Van commune (Photo: Quoc Khanh/VNA) Hanoi (VNA) - According to Mr. Ha Van Thang, Director of Lao Cai Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, tourism exploitation on the basis of preserving and promoting the unique values of ethnic minority culture is considered the key to open up many prospects for the province’s socio-economic development. Lao Cai develops culture-based tourism Up to now, Lao Cai is one of the top provinces in the country in terms of the number of cultural heritage items with 26 national intangible cultural heritage items recognised by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. “Tay and Giay people’s tug of war” was recognised by UNESCO as intangible cultural heritage of humanity. Along with that, the province has 45 ranked relics such as Bao Ha Temple relic complex and Co Tan An Temple; vestige complex of Thuong Temple – Mau Mau – Doi Co Temple (Lao Cai city). Lao Cai has 19 artisans awarded the title of Excellent Artist by the President. Many artisans have collected and kept good customs and practices of ethnic minorities. Artisan Ma Thanh Soi has edited 16 categories with more than 2,000 pages on the customs and… Read full this story
- Victoria's Secret vet Lais Ribeiro wears a multi-colored top with matching hat during a beach day with basketball star fiance Joakim Noah
- Ken Loach says his beloved Bath is being ruined by tourism
- A legacy of lunacy haunts Kenya's old railway. Will China's $3.6B line be different?
- Is It Possible to Predict Best Picture in Our Politically Charged Moment?
- Scotland head coach Tamsin Greenway discusses a very different start to life in role
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 27
- Attractive discounts to be offered for visitors to Sapa
- Vietnam’s beauty revealed through the lens of foreign photographers
- Fierce competition amongst sellers of digital entertainment platforms
- Every 'Star Trek' Theme Song Ranked
Lao Cai: From colorful cultural picture to different types of tourism have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.