At 6.30 am on September 25, trawler BT 98309 TS, with fisherman Nguyen Quang Hoat on board, who was experiencing acute abdominal pain in the right iliac fossa, docked at Son Ca Island’s port in Truong Sa island district, Khanh Hoa province.
Son Ca Island’s troops promptly brought the troubled fisherman to the island’s infirmary for treatment.
At the infirmary, Hoat was diagnosed with appendicitis with necrosis of the appendix and needed to be operated on. After a one-hour operation, the patient received further treatment and is now in a good condition.
According to Major Vu Tien Hoat, the infirmary’s head, the patient had used pain relief medication because he did not know that he was experiencing appendicitis, resulting in necrosis of the appendix. Consequently, it would have been virtually impossible to treat him if he had not been hospitalized within one or two hours of the onset of his symptoms.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Marine Police and fishermen together protect sea and islands
- Military doctors in Truong Sa Island District
- Improving quality of four-island tour in Nha Trang
- Phu Quoc Island offers investment opportunities
- A less trodden island off Nha Trang
- Sea-Island Festival proposed to celebrate Vietnam's sovereignty
- Doctor of the island
- Distressed fisherman promptly rescued
- Military doctor Tran Dinh Dung on Tho Chu island
- Work starts on infirmary on Song Tu Tay Island