The government has created a Department of Military Affairs, to be headed by newly appointed Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Gen Bipin Rawat, according to an official order issued on Tuesday.The new department will have under it works relating to the three forces — Army, Navy and Air Force — and procurement exclusive to the services, except capital acquisitions, according to prevalent rules and procedures, it said.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Daesh Militants Fleeing From Iraq, Syria Create New Threat in South-Eastern Asia
- Appointment of CDS will boost India’s national security and power projection capabilities
- Odisha govt to cover six more departments under Mo Sarkar initiative from December 1
- Russia Seeks to Gain on New Middle East Power with Military Sales
- Senators and State Department at Each Other’s Throats
- NY National Guard members heading to S. Africa for air show
- Close encounter! Prince Charles wraps up tour of New Zealand with a llama walkabout ahead of showdown with Prince Andrew as Duke's tattered reputation takes another blow
- New Chief of Defence Staff would be single point advisor on military matters
- Govt refuses to disclose details on RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das appointment
- Structural recast on the cards to empower CDS
Govt creates new Department of Military Affairs, to be headed by CDS have 244 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at December 31, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.