|Former CEO of AhaMove, Nguyen Xuan Truong|
The information was shared by Truong himself at the seminar titled “From Zero to Hero then back again – Story of Former AhaMove CEO” organised by UP Co-working Space Vietnam and Startup Grind Vietnam on April 21.
“I want to challenge myself by entering a fresh field like financial technology (fintech) and joining MoMo would be a great challenge,” said Truong.
A representative of MoMo stated that Truong will be the company’s director of the money transfer department from April 22.
Right after the announcement of leaving AhaMove, there were rumours that Truong departed because the company was not able to compete with Grab and Go-Viet. Answering the issue, Tran Duc Huy, AhaMove’s former marketing manager, who also stopped working at the firm since the middle of April, posted on Facebook, “I left AhaMove because I no longer suit the company’s development strategies. I and Truong did not stop working at AhaMove because of Grab’s pressure.”
|The seminar titled “From Zero to Hero then back again – Story of Former AhaMove CEO” drew in a great number of young would-be entrepreneurs|
In addition to publishing a new work plan at the event, Truong also shared his experiences with young people who desire to establish their own startups but lack the knowledge and experience to join the tough field. Truong’s appearance lured dozens of young people to the event.
Sharing with VIR, Catie Hang Le, charter director of Startup Grind Hanoi, said, “We will try to organise similar seminars every month to create a forum where young people can learn and exchange experience about startups.”
Startup Grind is the largest independent startup community, actively educating, inspiring, and connecting more than 1,500,000 entrepreneurs in over 500 chapters. The community nurtures startup ecosystems in 125 countries through events, media, and partnerships with organisations like Google for Startups. Founded in Silicon Valley, Startup Grind has helped millions of entrepreneurs build their businesses, connect with strategic partners, and secure funding.
- Intra-Asean trade needs to be increased: Vietnam PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc
- 'Speedy Gonzales' deal: CEO, ex-Tourism M'sia official in court as MACC seeks remand
- North Korea's Kim kicks off official Vietnam visit
- Vietnam’s Party cheif Nguyen Phu Trong sworn in as new President
- Paintings recall memory of historic Truong Son Trail
- Appropriate transaction limits for e-wallets urged
- News Food shorts: Tori Momo opens, Pinoy faves, UP food fair
- Hanoi court to open trial for Trinh Xuan Thanh on Jan. 8
- ASIAD 2018: shooter Hoang Xuan Vinh fails in forte category
- 'Momo challenge' debunked as a viral hoax