The Mekong Delta needs sustainable measures and sufficient financial resources to mitigate serious erosion along rivers and coastal areas, Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Ha Cong Tuan, has said.
|Houses collapse into a river in My Hoa Ward, Long Xuyen City in Mekong Delta province of An Giang due to a landslide. — VNA/VNS Photo Cong Mao|
Speaking at a seminar held in Ca Mau Province on Tuesday (April 9), Tuan said that erosion in the delta had worsened in recent years because of climate change and human activities.
- Khan tells Johnson: We urgently need more police in London
- Urgent need to recruit foster carers in Central Bedfordshire
- Coventry Foodbank urgently needs these items
- Flood-hit road in Ipswich urgently needs fixing, say residents
- 'Urgent' need for more foster carers to tackle shortage
- Kittens urgently needing homes at Gozo SPCA in Victoria
- Twelve 'urgently needed' affordable homes could be built
- An urgent need for action on bypass before someone dies
- Mental health care shift to prevention measures
- Urgent need for police, security response in NCD