Motorbike emissions are a major reason for air pollution. More seriously, old motorcycles banned from traffic are still rolling on streets.
According to the HCM City Transport Department, the agency is going to report to the municipal authorities about the need to control motorbike emissions in the city as a measure to ease air pollution.
|According to the HCM City Transport Department, the agency is going to report to the municipal authorities about the need to control motorbike emissions in the city as a measure to ease air pollution.|
The plan aims to assess people’s willingness to restrict emissions, and encourage people to repair motorbikes and replace motorbike parts, or shift to using vehicles with higher emission standards.
After six months of implementation, the transport department will create a detailed official roadmap for motorbike emission control in HCM City.
“With the rapid increase in number of motorbikes and the increased pollution, the plan on controlling emissions needs to be implemented soon,” he said, adding that it is necessary to develop public transport at the same time.
Auir pollution caused by motorbikes is more dangerous than emissions from cars.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has asked the leaders of Hanoi to apply radical solutions to handle air pollution.
The fact that air pollution alerts in HCMC are not timely made available is attributable to the Center for Environment and Natural Resources Monitoring’s use of outdated environmental monitoring devices, said Cao Tung Son, director of the center.
- Texas agency blames Imelda in mass release of air pollutants
- Study: Air Pollution Linked To Anxiety In Kids
- Air pollution costing Europe billions
- Study finds air pollution reaches placenta during pregnancy
- 'Make in India' policy could increase air pollution woes
- Study offers new insight into New Delhi's air pollution woes
- China to 'get tough' on air pollution
- Why has Sadiq Khan called for a wood-burning stove ban, what is toxic air pollution and where in London has the worst smog?
- Air pollution is 'top health hazard in Europe'
- Britain sent ‘final warning’ on air pollution for repeated breaches of smog limits in 16 areas – is yours affected?