A new pier at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang. The port will be overloaded in 2020 with 10 million tonnes of cargo, and the port will host only cruise ships after 2030.-VNS Photo Cong Thanh Chairman of the city People’s Committee, Huynh Duc Tho said the ministry should review the report from Da Nang before submitting the project to the Prime Minister next week. Tho said preparations for the first stage of the project will be completed in 2018-19, and construction will commence in 2020. He said the first stage of construction will focus on infrastructure including piers and dykes to serve logistics, storage and transhipment at the port from 2022. Lien Chieu Port is designed to handle 3.5 to 5 million tonnes of cargo in the first stage from 2022. It could allow access to 100,000 deadweight tonnage (DWT) cargo ships and container ships with loading capacities of 8,000 twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEUs) as well as 10,000DTW liquid cargo vessels. Tho said the first stage will need funds of VND7.37 trillion (US$326 million), of which $152 million is earmarked for infrastructure, in 2018-22. “The project is urgent as Tien Sa Port will be overloaded after 2020, while Da… Read full this story
- Mesa Science Associates and Bryn Pharma Publish Pre-Clinical Study of a New Approach to Treating Anaphylaxis
- Central city to restore national relic sites
- Central SOEs urged to change gears
- Farmers in Central region urged to develop hi-tech agriculture
- City pushes ahead with key ventures
- The world's first skyscraper: a history of cities in 50 buildings, day 9
- HCMC continues monitoring all passengers coming into the city
- Each city resident must prevent Covid-19 for sake of themselves and community
- Story of cities #11: the reclamation of Mumbai – from the sea, and its people?
- Ministry approves Buôn Ma Thuột City bypass
Central city urges pre-feasibility study on Lien Chieu port have 285 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.