A mother who risked the lives of her two young children to smuggle them into Britain on a rubber dinghy was yesterday found guilty of child neglect. Lauren Etchells, 34, originally from South Shields, sparked an international hunt after leaving her wife in Canada and fleeing the country with the children three years ago, Jersey magistrates court heard. She was arrested with her parents, Brian and Angela, both 67, in Jersey this year, after making the 16-mile crossing from France. Brian and Angela Etchells were found guilty of aiding and abetting their daughter. Assistant magistrate Peter Harris said the crimes ‘could have had very tragic consequences’. Wearing a black jacket, Lauren Etchells sat grim-faced in court. She has a child custody case on January 17 — three days before the sentencing. The Etchells were all bailed until January 20. Here, we tell how Lauren’s wife, Tasha Brown, flew to Jersey and was dramatically reunited with her little girl… A lawyer’s office in Jersey, this summer, was the site of Tasha Brown and Lauren Etchells’s first meeting for more than three years. The reunion between the separated couple was, understandably, a very tense affair. Somehow, the women managed to keep things… Read full this story
- Why Aren't The Cops Investigating A Man Who Snatched A Boy Away From His Mother?
- Husband, 56, who murdered pregnant wife, 34, after she discovered his affair with 15-year-old girl two decades ago is jailed for at least 20 years - but STILL refuses to reveal where he hid body
- Children of Syria’s Aleppo bear brunt of violent onslaught
- It’s Been 7 Years. Will This Mother Ever Reunite With Her Youngest Daughter?
- Sleepless nights and hospital runs: The struggles of parenthood in the gig economy
- 15 years ago, David Bowie turned up at Berklee to give the commencement speech — and it was hilarious
- 14 SMKs That Are Over 100 Years Old And Still Going Strong
- A New Year – and a new life – for Yolanda’s survivors
- 29-year-old Sayfullo Saipov identified as suspect in New York terror attack, reportedly left note pledging ISIS loyalty
- 46 years and counting: Boys Town Davao fires up dreams
Canadian Wife of British mother who snatched her two children to go on the run was reunited with them after three years in Jersey - but wasn't allowed to hug them or call them by their names because they didn't know who she was have 346 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.