Host team Becamex Binh Duong FC have successfully lifted the trophy of the Vietnam-Japan U13 international football competition after enjoying a 2-1 win over Kawasaki Frontale in the final of the tournament on December 22.
Despite the side representing the PVF Academy getting off to an impressive start in their opening match they ultimately went on to finish fifth overall, whilst former champions Tokyu S Reyes came in sixth.
Elsewhere the two other Vietnamese football sides SHB Danang and Hanoi FC finished in seventh and eighth place, respectively.
The award for the best footballer of the tournament went to Cao Hoang Hai of Becamex Binh Duong FC, with the top goal scorer award being shared between Nguyen Dang Huy of Becamex Binh Duong FC and Nguyen Gia Huy of the PVF Academy.
The competition’s best goalkeeper was named as Haruto Kodan of Gamba Osaka FC.
The international tournament took place from December 20 to December 22 and saw the participation of Vietnamese teams Hanoi FC, the PVF Academy, SHB Danang, and Becamex Binh Duong FC. They were joined by Japanese teams Kawasaki Frontale, Tokyu S Reyes FC, Júbilo Iwata, and Gamba Osaka.
The event is held annually with the aim of celebrating the anniversary of diplomatic relations between Vietnam and Japan, with the latest version marking the 46th anniversary. VOV
- Becamex Binh Duong earn crucial win
- Binh Duong have first win at AFC Champions Leagues
- Binh Duong FC pays $18,000 to Nigerian striker
- Reigning champions humiliated, Binh Duong records first win
- Binh Duong FC imposes curfew after halfback is attacked
- Binh Duong FC asks investigation of "harassment messages" against foreign players
- Becamex Binh Duong on Course to Take the Title
- Becamex Binh Duong dumped from Cup
- Becamex Binh Duong Cruise past Song Lam Nghe An
- Becamex Binh Duong Sink Dong Thap