Attending at the event were Politburo member and Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh, provincial leaders, representatives of relevant departments and units and a huge number of local people and visitors.
A special evening featuring live music, Ao Dai fashion show and art performances gave a deep impression to audiences.
On this occasion, Da Lat city has been decorated with more than hundreds of thousands of flower pots, gorgeous and unique orchids, bonsai and plants.
The event will run until December 24.
Around 15,000 people gathered in Lam Vien square in the opening ceremony.
An art performance
Ao Dai fashion show
- Da Lat to be developed into smart city
- European-Vietnam Documentary Film Festival opens in Hanoi, HCM City
- Book street festival opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Exhibition on Doan Ngo festival opens in Hanoi
- Elsa Hosk wows as she showcases her washboard abs in a skimpy cut-out black dress as she leads the models with Martha Hunt and Candice Swanepoel for the Venice Film Festival opening gala
- ACL Music Festival 2019: See the Best Artist & Fan Reactions on Social Media
- Traditional celebration of Doan Ngo festival reproduced
- Ninh Binh opens national culture, sports, tourism festival
- Venice Film Festival rolls with Hirokazu Kore-eda’s The Truth
- Tarnanthi Aboriginal art festival shines light on Maralinga's nuclear legacy