The national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines announced on November 12 that it will be putting on an additional 190,000 seats on domestic routes in order to meet the increasing travel demand during the Lunar New Year (Tet) period from January 9 to February 8, 2020.
In addition, Jetstar Pacific, a member of the Vietnam Airlines Group, also plan to add an extra 40,000 seats, equivalent to more than 220 domestic flights, to meet the high demand during the peak season.
Along with tickets for Tet holiday that have been on sale in September, the added supply will bring the airline’s total number of seats for their entire flight network around the Lunar New Year to nearly 2.23 million, equivalent to approximately 12,000 flights.
Vietnam Airlines Group will give their main focus to adding seats on routes that enjoy high demand, including Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc and Vinh, along with Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang, Thanh Hoa, Vinh, Hue, Quang Nam, and Quy Nhon.
Speaking on behalf of the Vietnam Airlines Group, a representative advised passengers to purchase tickets through the airline’s official websites, ticketing agents, and request invoice issuance in order to ensure that they do not buy fake tickets at exorbitant prices.
Along with this advice, passengers are also being recommended to check in via telephone, through the website, mobile applications, or at kiosk check-in counters at Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, or Da Nang airports as a means of saving time for check-in procedures.
In order to check information regarding reservations and tickets, Vietnam Airlines and Vasco’s passengers will be able to log into the website www.vietnamairlines.com, the official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/VietnamAirlines, contact the airline’s official ticketing offices nationwide, or call the Customer Care Center on 1900 1100.
Elsewhere, passengers of Jetstar Pacific will be able to access the website www.jetstar.com/vn, the firm’s official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/JetstarVN, or contact the Customer Care Call Center on 1900 1550.
- American Airlines to add second destination in Haiti
- State Senate Republicans mull adding extra seat to 62-member body
- Sen. Chuck Schumer warns of airlines charging $59 for preferred seats
- Fast-growing Hawaiian Airlines to add Taiwan flights
- United Airlines brings in comfort dogs to make holiday travel less terrible
- Internet erupts over airline's backwards-facing middle seats
- American Airlines inspecting jets for loose seats after two separate incidents
- [Don't] Go Directly to Jail: Hasbro Sets Up 'Monopoly Feud' Hotline for Holidays
- Apple sets new sales, profit records for holiday season thanks to demand for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Marlins add an extra year to offer for Albert Pujols, now willing to go 10 years on deal for top free-agent prize: source