FASHION giant Missguided has been condemned for encouraging shoppers to visit flood-ravaged Venice. As residents reel from the worst flooding in half a century, the firm said on social media: “Would rather be having breakfast in Venice @ a babe who needs to go with you.” The message provided a link to the company’s website, urging users to: “Shop New In.” Its tactless faux pas comes as the tourist hotspot was submerged by a third huge tidal surge in less than a week, and two people have died. Unsurprisingly, customers accused the company of being “tone deaf” with its latest marketing ploy. The backlash came after the company today posted idyllic photos of the city before the flooding.Flood damage has been estimated at hundreds of millions of euros. The backlash was so severe the firm deleted the message about 30 minutes after it was posted. Missguided was contacted for comment after the social media meltdown. Insensitive much? Marketing team should probably have a meeting about this post.Karolina Duda Harriet Rayner was among those enraged by the post, writing: “This makes me kinda mad [sic].”Venice is currently experiencing serious flooding and instead of posting something to promote environmental awareness, you post… Read full this story
- Shopper News blog: Sleepless nights? Specialist offers help with kids
- Iowa public health officials urge caution as flood cleanup begins
- February Snowfall Record Likely
- (Updated) Winter Storm Warning: 4-7" Wednesday
- Pattern Turning Warmer & Wetter: 60s Likely This Weekend
- Back to the 60s This Weekend
- ‘A pretty good season.’ What California’s winter rain and snow mean for you in 2019
- John Hickenlooper Is Running for President As Himself. Uh-oh.
Venice floods – Fashion giant Missguided slammed for encouraging shoppers to visit flood-ravaged city have 271 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.