The plant, built on 4.6 ha at Hoa Mac industrial park, Duy Tien district, mainly produces feed for pigs, poultry and rabbits.
Pierre Duprat, president of ADM’s Animal Nutrition business, said the building of the plant is part of the group’s strategy of expanding to key breeding areas in the north of Vietnam with convenient access to seaport facility services.
The plant aims to employ about 200 seasonal and permanent workers, he added.
Nguyen Xuan Duong, acting director of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development’s Department of Livestock Production, said the US group has actively contributed to the development of the livestock industry in Vietnam over the past 25 years.
He hoped with new modern technology and financial potentials, ADM will continue bring the latest technology to Vietnam and connecting the Vietnamese livestock market with the global market.
The ADM’s animal feed plant in Ha Nam is expected to help the province and neighbouring areas develop safe animal products for domestic sales and exports, he said.
ADM is a global leader in animal nutrition with over 110 production facilities around the world. The group has invested in Vietnam since 1995 and now has five production facilities./.
- DaimlerChrysler Inaugurates Charleston Assembly Plant
- Snowball! The Little Dog Who Broke The Nation's Heart! Animal Rescue Responds to Katrina
- Taking Care of Your Holiday Plants
- Plant Spirit Shamanism - Shinto, A Love For The Spirits Of Nature
- Plant Spirit Shamanism: Pablo Amaringo - The Vision Of The Plants
- Plant Spirit Shamanism - What's Up With The Weather?
- Animal Franchise
- The Azalea Shrubs Are Easy Plants To Grow In Shade
- The Animal and the Human
- 5 Things to Know about Animal Rescue Groups