Tens of thousands of patients with incurable cancer are missing out on NHS support, a charity has warned. Macmillan Cancer Support says 136,000 sufferers may live with the disease for several years thanks to advances in treatment, but struggle to plan for the future. It said 77 per cent of them – more than 100,000 – are ‘not getting the support they need’ for problems such as pain, fatigue or trouble sleeping due to a lack of NHS staff and resources. More than 100,000 patients with incurable cancer are not getting enough support for ‘pain, fatigue’ or trouble sleeping, according to Macmillan Cancer Support (file image) RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Heartbreaking moment mother-of-four news anchor finds out… ‘The fight isn’t over’: Golfer turned popular radio host… Share this article Share The charity’s director of policy, campaigns and influence Dr Moira Fraser-Pearce said this showed that the current NHS workforce was ‘not fit for purpose’ despite the ‘best efforts of hard-working professionals’. ‘With treatments continuing to advance and people living longer with ‘chronic’ cancers, governments across the UK must ensure people living with cancer, including those with treatable but not curable cancer, can add quality, as well as years, to… Read full this story
- Turning out in teal: Sue DiNapoli Ovarian Cancer Society auction raises funds to support women battling cancer
- Despite mounting deaths and warnings, Obama Administration failed to confront fentanyl crisis, experts say
- Rosie Butler: Battling cancer, liver disease inspired ‘God-guided’ raising $20+ million for others
- New Data Shows How the U.S. Ban on Global Funds for Abortion Spectacularly Backfires
- Charitable causes are in fashion with 'giveback' Minnesota clothing brands
- What is CBD? Here’s what you need to know.
- Obama officials failed to focus as fentanyl burned its way across America
- Medtronic's lost Infuse study
- Recognizing fake medical ‘news’ before it becomes lethal
- Miami doctor's plastic surgery empire becomes Florida's deadliest clinics
Thousands of cancer patients miss out on NHS help for fatigue, insomnia and pain because of lack of funding, charity warns have 302 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.