Video PlayerClose by Pankaj Yadav NEW DELHI, Nov. 12 (Xinhua) — If the findings of recent surveys and the official data on industrial output released by the government of India on Monday are to be believed, the overall business confidence has touched the lowest in the country over past several years. The Index of industrial output released by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation on Monday showed that the industrial output had shrunk for the second straight month in September and stood at 123.3 points, which was 4.3 percent lower as compared to corresponding month last year. Described as the lowest in past seven years, the shrunk factory output is most likely to impact the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth which is already said to be at a six year low, said media reports. The official data revealed that all components of industrial outputs, like mining, manufacturing, and electricity, decreased during the month, hinting towards a sluggish economy. The official data also showed that the country’s electricity demand fell 13.2 percent in October compared to the same month last year, thereby posting its steepest monthly decline in over 12 years. The shrinkage in electricity generation has been attributed to… Read full this story
- Business confidence dips further among EU firms in Vietnam
- Business confidence dips as inflation persists
- European firms' business confidence drops 3rd consecutive quarter.
- Vietnam consumer confidence dips amid economic concerns: survey
- Vietnam Confidence dips below Asia Pacific average
- Japan's business confidence grows for third quarter: BoJ
- Viet Nam's small businesses confident about growth: survey
- Vietnamese business confidence falls on more uncertainties
- Business confidence falls on high interest rates, credit strain
- Japan's post-quake business confidence falls: BoJ
Spotlight: Surveys, gov't data show business confidence dips in India have 267 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.