Mumbai: BSE benchmark Sensex erased early gains of around 300 points, but managed to log small gains, taking cues from the rise in global shares as some positive news on the trade deal front soothed investors’ nerves. Only 11 out of 30 Sensex stocks closed higher. Financials and telecom major Bharti Airtel contributed the most to Sensex’s gains. The country’s biggest lender State Bank of India contributed the most to Sensex’s gains at 57.82 points. The firm’s shares rose 5.19 per cent. Bharti Airtel (56.27 points) followed next, as it jumped 8.42 per cent. Market at a glance The 30-share Sensex closed 0.17 per cent or 70.21 points higher at 40,356.69 points, while 50-share Nifty rose 0.20 per cent or 23.20 points to close at 11,895.30 points. For the week, Sensex gained 0.08 per cent while Nifty logged 0.11 per cent decline. Even as key indices closed higher, the market breadth remained weak, with losers beating gainers in the ratio of 1.3:1. BSE Midcap index advanced 0.63 per cent, while Smallcap index fell 0.13 per cent. BSE Telecom index gained the most at 8.40 per cent, on hopes that the government may come up with a relief package for the… Read full this story
- Sensex gains 77 points as IT, banking stocks rally
- D-Street Buzz: PSU bank gains led by Central Bank, Syndicate Bank; auto stocks dip
- Govt might need to shell out $30 bn to repair PSU banks; worth a buy in FY18?
- Smart money is moving towards banks, IT; PSU banks an attractive bet: Emkay Wealth
- Week in 5 charts: Nifty closes above 11,000; PSU banks outshine, media underperform
- Volatile Week: Karnataka uncertainty drags Nifty, Sensex by 2%; Nifty PSU bank index falls 6.5%
- Share market update: PSU bank shares jump; Bank of Baroda gains 3%
- Sensex back at 30K after 2 yrs: 600 stocks that more than doubled wealth in the same period
- Caution! TVS Motor, GAIL, Idea among 5 stocks global brokerages recommend ‘Sell’
- After Market: HDFC, JSPL and Voda-Idea have a field day; buy signals in 40 stocks
Sensex ekes out small gains; Voda Idea, PSU bank stocks rally have 312 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.