It was part of the cooperation program in the period of 2017-2021 recently signed by the two organizations.
The two-session seminar focused on achievements, shortcomings, challenges, as well as measures to improve institutions of the socialist-oriented market economy in the new context.
Addressing the event, Prof., Dr. Nguyen Quang Thuan, VASS’s President, stressed that during the 30-year renewal process, Vietnam obtained remarkable achievements in economy, hunger elimination, poverty reduction, socio-political progress, defense, security, and diplomacy. These good results were recognized by the international community. However, Vietnam is still facing a big challenge in effectively developing the socialist-oriented market economy because the model is still new in both theory and practice.
Concluding the seminar, Prof., Dr. Nguyen Xuan Thang, member of the Party Central Committee and Director of the Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics highly appreciated constructive and practical ideas contributed by participants. He affirmed that these valuable ideas would be reliable theoretical and practical bases to help the Party issue wise policies, meeting the requirements of rapid and sustainable development of the nation in the new period.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Completing a socialist - oriented market economy mechanism, boosting economic restructuring and shifting economic growth
- "The nature of the socialist-oriented market economy in the Draft amendments to the 1992 Constitution of Viet Nam"
- Socialist-oriented market economy development reviewed
- Special characteristics of the socialist-oriented market economy in Viet Nam
- Ensuring humanism in a developing socialist-oriented market economy
- Party pursues socialist-oriented market economy
- Vietnam's State-owned economy in the socialist-oriented market economy
- Renovation of awareness on State enterprises in the socialist-oriented market economy and international integration
- Party resolution fine-tunes socialist-oriented market economy institutions
- Seminar proposes measures to stabilise stock market