NEW DELHI: Qatar Airways has no interest in buying a stake in Air India, its CEO said on Thursday, as the government plans roadshows in Singapore and London to entice investors for the Indian national carrier’s disinvestment. Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker added that he is interested in buying a stake in IndiGo but this is not the right time as issues among promoters are yet to be resolved. IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, where the latter will be able to book seats on the former’s flights on certain specific destinations. “We have no interest in buying stake in Air India. Interested in buying stake in IndiGo, but this is not the right time as issues among promoters are yet to be resolved,” said Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker. With around 48 per cent share in domestic air passenger market, IndiGo is India’s largest airline. IndiGo promoters — InterGlobe Enterprises and Rahul Bhatia — have sought arbitration proceedings in London against the backdrop of differences with co-promoter Rakesh Gangwal.
- Air cargo operators, airports planning steps to ensure smooth transport of Covid-19 vaccines
- Air cargo operators, airports planning steps to ensure smooth transport of COVID-19 vaccines
- 3 aviation experts in race to become Jet Air's new CEO
- Norwegian Air claims it's on 'ventilator support' and may not survive the pandemic as it grounds all but SIX of its 154 planes and will only fly within Norway
- Allen Onyema To Buhari: You saved Nigeria’s economy by suspending Air Nigeria
- From small businesses to farmers, middle India is driving demand
- What to buy on Black Friday: Best and worst products for deals
- What to buy on Black Friday 2020: Best and worst products for deals
- Best things to buy on Black Friday: Gift cards? Gadgets? The best and worst products for deals
- Implications of Lakshmi Vilas Bank and DBS India merger
No interest in buying stake in Air India, only IndiGo: Qatar Airways CEO have 306 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at November 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.