Chlöe Swarbrick, a New Zealand lawmaker, who is all of 25, shut down her older colleague at a Parliament session held on November 5, by using the slang “OK boomer”.She was about speaking about the ills of climate change during a debate held over the ‘Zero Carbon Bill’, which aims to make New Zealand free of carbon emission by the year 2050 when an older parliamentarian started interrupting her.“In the year 2050, I will be 56 years old. Yet, right now, the average age of this 52nd Parliament is 49 years old,” Swarbrick said.Close The moment she mentioned her age in the speech, Todd Muller, an older lawmaker who also happens to be the Opposition spokesman for climate change, could be heard disturbing her. To shut him up, the young gun retorted with a quick “OK boomer”. related news 11,000 scientists come together to warn about the horrors of climate crisis Politics | Collective failure of states has led to Delhi’s air apocalypse Rising sea level may wipe out Mumbai, other major coastal cities by 2050, cites new research Now, “boomer” is a slang with derogatory connotations, usually used to refer to a person born between the years 1946 and 1964…. Read full this story
- The ultimate internet glossary: from 4chan to Zynga
- China Built an Army of Influence Agents in the U.S.
- Kanye loads up on children's clothes from Walmart and visits the bank with friend Damon Dash who denies the rapper is 'crazy' and slams Kim after she blamed his erratic behavior on 'bi-polar disorder'
- The conspiracists’ election: How the farthest fringes of politics are making a play for the centre
- Kim Kardashian is 'furious' Kanye said the couple came close to aborting their daughter North because she knows the seven-year-old will see the comments when she's older
- She couldn't read music, snobs sneered at her... but she won the battle for the nation's hearts: As Dame Vera Lynn dies aged 103, MICHAEL THORNTON looks back at her extraordinary life
- Inside Scientology
- The unlikely lonelies: Why are the young and upwardly mobile spending weekends alone?
- Boris Johnson slams Twitter's slow response to Wiley's 'abhorrent' anti-Semitic rant as Lord Sugar, Rachel Riley and Gary Lineker lead 48-hour boycott of the site - but rapper's racist posts are STILL up on Instagram after two days
- Coronavirus live updates: 250 deaths recorded Thursday in California, most in a day
New Zealand lawmaker's speech goes viral as she shuts down fellow MP with an internet slang have 384 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.