WASHINGTON (AP) — Michael Bloomberg plans to skip early voting states like Iowa and New Hampshire if he launches a presidential bid and instead focus his efforts on the crush of states that vote on Super Tuesday and beyond. It’s a strategy that acknowledges the limitations of his likely entry into the race at this late stage and the opportunities afforded by the billionaire’s vast personal wealth. Bloomberg adviser Howard Wolfson says other candidates already have a big head start in the first four states to vote — Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada — and Bloomberg needs to be realistic about where he can make up ground.“If we run, we are confident we can win in states voting on Super Tuesday and beyond, where we will start on an even footing,” Wolfson said. Fifteen states and American Samoa vote in the March 3 contests. After previously ruling out a 2020 bid, Bloomberg is reconsidering a run for the Democratic nomination, citing concerns about the ability of the current crop of contenders to defeat President Donald Trump. He’s expected to announce a final decision in the coming days. Bloomberg’s team has moved swiftly to carve out space for the… Read full this story
- Bloomberg's campaign staff grows to 800
- Poll: Buttigieg, Sanders surge sets up 4-way tie in New Hampshire
- Michael Bloomberg officially launches presidential bid, says Donald Trump represents 'existential threat'
- Will former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg make a worthy presidential candidate?
- 'I'm spending all my money to get rid of Trump': Michael Bloomberg
- 2020 Watch: Will the real front-runner please stand up?
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Bloomberg embraces straight-talking style to appeal to voters
- Mike Bloomberg buys 60-second national Super Bowl spot
- If he builds it, will they come? Inside Michael Bloomberg's unconventional presidential campaign
- Bloomberg to air Super Bowl ad targeting Trump
Michael Bloomberg 2020 Campaign Would Skip Iowa and New Hampshire have 300 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.