Anthony Martial had two assists and Manchester United eased past Brighton and Hove Albion 3-1 on Sunday. Marcus Rashford and Andreas Pereira were joined on the score sheet by a Davy Propper own goal, with Lewis Dunk‘s second half header the only Brighton moment. Influential midfielder Scott McTominay needed help to get off the pitch after a stoppage time injury. [ MORE: Watch full PL match replays ] United moves seventh with 16 points, one back of fifth but nine behind fourth place Man City. Brighton drops into 11th with its 15 points. Three things we learned 1. Martial the maestro: We suspected that Martial’s absence from the United lineup was just as detrimental as Paul Pogba‘s, and the Frenchman has shown his worth. Another two assists today, including one of monster work on United’s goal to reestablish the two-goal advantage. Still just 23, Martial has five goals and three assists in 10 matches across all competitions. United went 1-2-2 in the league while he was out. 2. Red Devils go to the greasy places: Manchester United, for as long as its been a club of influence, was capable of the sublime individual or team goals, but this unit has to make… Read full this story
- Jose Mourinho needs his Manchester United non favourites vs Newcastle
- The impressive statistic behind Newcastle's agonising defeat to Manchester United
- The 10 under-the-radar stories that could shape the Premier League season
- Glenn Murray reminds West Ham of the work they still have to do
- English Premier League: Man U slips further behind Man City and Liverpool after loss
Martial’s Manchester United eases past Brighton have 256 words, post on soccer.nbcsports.com at November 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.