PT Isuzu Astra Motor Indonesia will export the latest product – the Traga medium pickup model – to the Southeast Asian market, especially the Philippines and Vietnam, Rahmat Samulo, the company’s marketing director, told reporters in Jakarta.
The Traga medium pickup model was only launched in April 2018 and very successful because it is accepted by Indonesian consumers so that sales increase significantly, he said.
Samulo did not specify the total export quota prepared by the company, but he believed the amount was above three digits with the main destination being the Philippines and Vietnam.
He noted the sales of Isuzu Traga reached 4,288 units in the first nine months of 2019. This achievement increased by 180.6 percent from the previous year which only reached 1,528 units.
For the domestic market, Isuzu Traga is targeting the sale of 500 – 600 units per month./.
- Uber’s Southeast Asia operations acquired by Grab
- SEMICON Southeast Asia 2017: Disruption and the value of digital transformation in manufacturing
- Kuala Lumpur debut for SEMICON Southeast Asia in 2018
- SEMICON Southeast Asia attendance surges on disruptive technology
- Samsung teams up with Grab to enter the ride-hailing market in Southeast Asia
- SEMICON Southeast Asia 2016 comes back to Penang
- Report: Smartphone use soars in Southeast Asia
- Google Maps expands ridesharing options to Southeast Asia
- SEMICON Southeast Asia 2016: Connecting in Penang
- Southeast Asia to spend $19B for semiconductor equipment and materials by 2016