Veteran actor and director Thành Lộc (centre) performs in Mặt Nạ Bong Bóng. — Photo courtesy of the theatre HCM CITY – A play about belief and betrayal by Nguyễn Thị Minh Ngọc, one of HCM City’s region’s leading female writers, will make its debut on Sunday in the city. The tragi-comedy Mặt Nạ Bong Bóng (Mask of Balloons) will be staged by the actors of IDECAF Drama Troupe in a Saigonese style that fans find attractive It is directed by Vũ Minh, a well-known theatre director who has more than 15 years of experience in the industry. Minh said he and his staff had worked hard to incorporate simple and humorous language to meet the tastes of their audiences in the city. Mặt Nạ Bong Bóng features a balloon seller named Bạch who has supernatural powers and believes his job is to bring laughter to the world until life disabuses him of his view. Bạch goes from street to street selling his coloured balloons. He helps and protects people and children from bad things. One day, two bad guys use him for evil intentions, so Bach asks for help, but no one offers it. Bạch wonders why bad things happen to good people. ”Did I live the wrong… Read full this story
- When the circus came to town and could not leave: troupe spend lockdown in Morecambe
- Sibling revelry: the sisters who became ferociously funny comedy duos
- Ballet Kieu to be staged in HCM City this month
- Steve Carell’s Bizarrely Unfunny Return to Comedy
- How a Three-Year Goal Led to Chris Redd’s Comedy Central Standup Debut
- Stage Mother review – feelgood drag film falls flat
- ’ Phoebe Robinson on Turning a Hit Comedy Podcast Into an HBO Special
- Syd Little says he speaks to the ghost of Eddie Large 'most days' as he finds comfort after his comedy partner died aged 78 from coronavirus
- Johnny Depp stays away from closing stages of bombshell libel trial as Sun lawyer says his violence towards women is based on 'deep misogyny' and reads texts calling Amber Heard a 'slut' and 'whore'
- Emmy nominations set the stage for an unpredictable, virtual ceremony
IDECAF troupe stages tragi-comedy have 362 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.