By Rollin Bishop – November 4, 2019 11:10 am EST Share 0 Comments 0 After years of dabbling with movie-length trailers, cutscenes, and so on, Hideo Kojima appears to finally be ready to take on films. According to a brief line during an interview in a recent BBC Newsbeat documentary, Kojima’s studio, Kojima Productions, will officially start making films in the future. What, exactly, that means is unclear. But! He did say it. “In the future Kojima Productions will start making films,” Kojima says late in the documentary. “If you can do one thing well, then you can do everything well.” “I think within the next few years, gaming will move on to streaming,” he adds. “Movies, dramas and games will all be streamed, and you’ll enjoy them on your iPad or iPhone or a screen anytime, anywhere. When that happens, games, films and dramas will have to compete in the same space. I’m very interested in the new format of game that will appear on there, and that’s what I want to take on.” What do you think of the short documentary? Would you watch movies made by Kojima and his studio? Let us know in the comments, or… Read full this story
- Konami's bitter, yearlong breakup with Hideo Kojima, explained
- Hideo Kojima Is "Afraid" Of Political Climate In America
- The making of The Game Awards 2018
- Electropop Band CHVRCHES's Guitarist Says Death Stranding Is "Unlike Anything I Have Seen"
- New Castlevania, PS3/PC MGS Rising revealed at Konami event
- The people who made Metal Gear Survive
- 11 fan-made movie, comic book, and video game spin-offs to restore your faith in fandom (and yes, there is Star Wars)
- The 500 best games of all time: 500-401
- What is cyberpunk?
- Major Game Anniversaries in October 2018
Hideo Kojima Says His New Studio Will Make Films have 287 words, post on comicbook.com at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.