FRANKFURT (Reuters) – To unclog bottlenecks last year at his Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) plant in California, Elon Musk flew in six planeloads of new robots and equipment from Germany to speed up battery production for its Model 3. FILE PHOTO: A Volkswagen oldtimer car drives past a Tesla Model X electric car recharging batteries in Berlin, Germany, November 13, 2019. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch/File Photo Now the Tesla CEO is trying to tap that German automation ecosystem directly with Tuesday’s announcement that the electric carmaker will build a European car and battery factory near Berlin. So far, Musk has failed in his plans to create a factory so highly automated that it allows Tesla to make cars more efficiently than much bigger rivals. As a result, the automaker has struggled to meet production goals and been hit with defections of key staff members to rival firms. The new German factory is designed to help change all that. “Everyone knows German engineering is outstanding for sure. You know that is part of the reason why we are locating Gigafactory Europe in Germany,” Musk said at a prestigious German car awards ceremony in Berlin late on Tuesday. BMW (BMWG.DE) has a factory in Leipzig,… Read full this story
- The Auto Industry Bets Its Future on Batteries
- Porsche, Customcells Form Venture To Make High-Performance Battery Cells
- The Musk Method: Learn From Partners Then Go It Alone
- Tesla's Berlin battery bust-up set to boost Britain
- What's happening with Tesla's $7 billion German 'gigafactory'?
- Tesla blaze: Far-left activists claim responsibility for German factory site fire
- 'Pleasantly surprised': Tesla battery swift, accurate and pushing down energy prices
- Tesla Battery Day 2020: Big Elon Musk EV Announcements Expected On September 22
- What's Happening With Tesla's $7-Billion German 'Gigafactory'?
- Elon Musk Shares Painfully Obvious Idea About the Difficulty of Self-Driving Cars
German automation talent powers Musk's battery move to Europe have 293 words, post on www.reuters.com at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.