Foreign Ministry spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang (Photo: VNA) Hanoi, (VNA) – After the UK police’s announcement on late November 1 that the victims in the Essex lorry case are thought to be Vietnamese, spokesperson of the Vietnamese Foreign Ministry Le Thi Thu Hang said on early November 2 that this is a great humanitarian tragedy. “We are deeply saddened and offer our deepest sympathy to the families of the victims over the huge loss,” Hang said. She informed that immediately after the case came to light on October 23, the Foreign Ministry had instructed the Consular Department and the Vietnam Embassy in the UK to coordinate with relevant agencies and localities of Vietnam and the UK, provide information related to the case from Vietnam to assist with the identification of victims, open hotlines to receive information and get citizen protection measures ready in the case there are Vietnamese among the victims. The embassy had also transferred the results of UK police’s identification process to Vietnamese agencies for cross-check. At present, the Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam and UK police are coordinating in identifying victims suspected to be Vietnamese citizens in order to early announce information on victims’ identities…. Read full this story
- Essex lorry deaths: Vietnamese migrants died from 'lack of oxygen and overheating'
- Essex lorry deaths: Man in court in Ireland over 'manslaughter' of 39 migrants
- Irish court tries man for suspected connection with Essex lorry deaths
- Essex lorry deaths: Man arrested on immigration offence
- Essex lorry deaths: Ronan Hughes, 40, arrested in Ireland and charged with manslaughter
- Another arrested, charged with manslaughter in Ireland in connection with Essex lorry incident
- Foreign Ministry: Press freedom ranking for Vietnam untrustworthy, unpersuasive
- UK made a firm decision on Huawei in 5G — Foreign Ministry
- Chinese Foreign Ministry defends WHO's COVID-19 outbreak response
- North Korea's foreign ministry denies letter sent to Trump: KCNA
Essex lorry deaths a great humanitarian tragedy: Foreign Ministry spokesperson have 299 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.