Photo: Sean Rayford/Getty Images Elizabeth Warren has an excellent plan for how she can provide debate audiences with politically palatable answers to questions about how she would finance Medicare for All. She also has some clever but flawed ideas about how to actually finance Medicare for All. Fortunately, at this point in the arc of history, the former is probably more important. On Friday, the progressive presidential candidate released her long-awaited list of single-payer “pay-fors.” And, through a combination of optimistic assumptions, wealth expropriations, and reallocations of existing health-care spending, Warren’s economists have produced a damn-near plausible version of a purportedly impossible policy: a universal health-care system that is free at the point of service — and does not raise the American middle class’s taxes by a dime. At each of the first four Democratic presidential debates, Warren and Bernie Sanders endured a ritual flogging, from moderators and rivals alike, for their alleged plot to replace middle-class Americans’ private health-insurance premiums with payroll taxes. Sanders declined to dispute the allegation. Instead of denying that his plans for the American health-care system would require broad-based tax increases, Bernie has opted to fend off centrist concern trolls with the following three-pronged strategy:… Read full this story
- Biden's 'Buy American' Jobs Plan Undercuts Trump and Wins Left's Praise
- Donald Trump calls Kamala Harris a 'madwoman' and 'so angry' as he rails against his female 'enemies' calling Nancy Pelosi 'stone-cold crazy,' saying 'not smart' AOC 'yaps,' and labeling Mika Brzezinski a 'ditzy airhead'
- Biden Adopts Sanders' Agenda Items—Here's Where He Aligns With the Left
- Juan Williams: Harris proves the doubters wrong
- The Hill's Morning Report - Obama paints Trump as incapable leader; Harris accepts VP nod
- Eyes turn to Ocasio-Cortez as she seeks to boost Biden
- Coronavirus live updates: Marin County reports some flattening of the curve
- Coronavirus live updates: California ‘stabilizing,’ counties are ‘doing things really well,’ top official says
- Progressives irked by spotlight on GOP at Dem convention
- Coronavirus live updates: Lightning risk prompts closure of walk-up testing sites in SF
Elizabeth Warren’s Medicare for All Plan Is a Smart Storytelling Device have 335 words, post on nymag.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.