Hau, 20, goes up against Japan’s Hiroki Abe, who plays for Barcelona B, and South Korean Lee Kang-in of Valencia.
Hau has been an excellent performer through 2019.
At Hanoi FC, he was a key player in the V-League campaign for which he received the V-League Youth Player of the Year award. At the national level, he helped take Vietnam to the Asian Cup quarter-final.
Hau and midfielder Nguyen Quang Hai were two Vietnamese picked among five best U21 players at the Asian Cup.
Hau joined Dutch club SC Heerenveen in September 2019, becoming the second Vietnamese player to play in Europe after Nguyen Cong Phuong went to Belgium a few months earlier.
In 2018 the award was won by Saudi Arabia’s Turki Al-Ammar.
The award ceremony will be held in Hong Kong on December 12.
- NBA Players Association Holds First Annual Basketball Players Awards
- Over 1,200 nominations received for Padma awards
- Fire at Flamengo football training centre in Rio kills 10 youth players
- WVU’s Kadeisha Buchanan Wins Hyundai Young Player Award
- Nominations open for business awards
- Emirates Spinnaker Tower nominated for prestigious travel award
- Gunwharf Quays pub nominated for prestigious industry award
- All the controversies surrounding 'Green Book,' which was just nominated for five Academy Awards
- We’ve Been Nominated for an EPpy Award
- Bus firm employee who helped injured pensioner nominated for Unsung Hero award