The problem is blamed for the wastewater discharge of a pumping station near the Tran Thi Ly Bridge area.
A section of Han River in Danang City has been battling serious pollution for months
Another local Ho Xuan Lam complained that the situation has existed for many months, but the authorities have seemed to ignore this. Meanwhile, the polluted river section runs through the city centre, which has harmed Danang’s image. The pumping station belongs to a network to gather wastewater from a nearby residential area, however, for months, the untreated wastewater has been thrown into the river through the station. Dang Minh Dung, deputy director of Danang Drainage and Wastewater Treatment Company, admitted there was a problem, claiming that the recent heavy rains resulted in the wastewater treatment system of the residential area on Street 2/9 overloading. Nguyen Huy Minh, vice chairman of Hai Chau District People’s Committee, also noted that earlier many nearby restaurants had been fined for pumping untreated water into the environment. Local authorities have vowed to tackle the problem, Minh noted. A new wastewater collecting system for residential areas from Phan Thanh Tai to Thang Long streets will be put into service, and this is expected to ease the overwork on the current plant.
- Combat Severe Anxiety and Live Life Again
- How the growing concern for air pollution is leading to the rise of an anti-pollution products industry
- Side Effects of Air Pollution - How Toxic Particles Can Damage Your Cells and What You Can Do
- Business Continuity - An Overview
- Disaster Recovery - Business Continuity & External Stakeholders
- Severe Anxiety - Why You Shouldn't Just Treat the Symptoms of Anxiety!
- Danang becomes latest addition to Thailand-based event planner MICE
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc asks Hoa Binh, Hanoi to tackle water pollution
- Project combating human waste on northern Saskatchewan river
- River Jordan - Conflict and Cooperation