A couple are being sued for £300,000 after they failed to tell the buyers of their £1million home about plans for an American-style drive-thru and 61-room motel ‘next-door.’ Philip Ash, 66, and his wife Elisabeth, 62, advertised their property as ‘a stunning barn conversion with excellent equestrian facilities’ set in quintessential English countryside near Buckland village, in Oxfordshire. But it is alleged that they should have told buyers Adrian and Lisa Powell that plans had already been approved for a 50s ‘Grease’-style diner and motel, by owners Soho House, with flood-lit car park and huge neon signs on adjoining land. The Powells, who had been looking for ‘the right house’ for six years before finding the barn – which came with three acres of land – were so sure they had found their perfect home they even bought a horse in preparation for moving in. But they say they were ‘horrified’ to later learn of the ‘in your face’ motel plans so close to their dream home – especially when the sellers had themselves objected to it. Despite having exchanged contracts, they pulled out of the purchase before it was completed and are now suing for over £300,000, demanding a refund… Read full this story
- Asian Americans and Race: It’s Complicated
- Introducing Project Evil Orchid: Scott Liggett’s 1965 Impala Has A Story To Tell
- Armstrong Williams to Buy TV Station?
- Boris and Carrie are still 'loved up' and have been 'brought even closer together' following police row, friends insist, as couple are seen together for first time since argument
- Couple finds kindness key in cross-country bike ride
- Justin Timberlake and the Whoever of Whatever
- April 4, 1968, as Told by Black Reporters
- The 35 best science-fiction movies since
- Now, Unpaid Uptown Magazine Writers Organize
- Nelly’s Rape Accuser Decries Media Spotlight
Couple who wanted to buy £1m barn conversion sue the previous owners for £300,000 after they failed to tell them about plans for Soho House's neon-lit American-style Mollie's Motel and Diner 'next door' have 285 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.