(CNN)It’s billed as the world championships for thoroughbreds, with $30 million in prize money and awards up for grabs over two days of rarefied racing. The 36th Breeders’ Cup takes place Friday and Saturday with the world’s best horses and jockeys vying for supremacy on dirt and turf at the spectacular if controversial Santa Anita race course at the foot of the San Gabriel mountains near Los Angeles in California. #TBT to some @BreedersCup fashion. Do you have your outfit in order, yet?#BC19 #BreedersCup pic.twitter.com/niofYwdOMH— Santa Anita Park (@santaanitapark) October 24, 2019 The event has become a beacon in the racing calendar, a traveling circus that takes in some of America’s most celebrated tracks, and a high-society event which encompasses the flavors, fashion and culture of the region. The climax to the 14-race showpiece is Saturday’s $6 million Longines Breeders’ Cup Classic, a one-and-a-quarter-mile dirt dash which often decides the best of a generation. “I love it when it’s here in Santa Anita,” veteran US jockey Mike Smith told Aly Vance for CNN’s Winning Post at his favorite restaurant near the course. Read More “I can literally walk from my house to the track so that makes it a whole… Read full this story
- eToys Inks $18 Million Deal With AOL
- Apple Music vs. Spotify vs. Google Play Music: A music subscription showdown
- The Augmented Reality America’s Cup
- Data-Mining 100 Million Instagram Photos Reveals Global Clothing Patterns
- Riding Santa's Wave, Remote Artic North Aiming for High-Tech Fast Lane
- Securing the World Cup
- How to watch the Dubai World Cup 2018: Live stream races online from anywhere in the world
- 30 of the best retro games ported to Android
- The Call of Duty: Ghosts Championship begins today with $1 million in prizes on the line
- Comments for : NSA's phone snooping is deemed legal by a federal judge; Supreme showdown coming?
Breeders' Cup set for $30 million Santa Anita showdown have 304 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.